Still in Hong Kong Int'l - the world's most pleasant airport


Greatings from the most pleasant airport I have ever been in. If one needs a nap or is delayed...this is the place...

I am still waiting for my plane (can you find waldo?)... so far the Kathmandu (Royal Nepal Airlines flights 410 is 8 hours late and still no gate listing... ahh the adventure of travel...)





The pic below is the list of the flights… when I got here there were about 100 flights listed in various stages of departure…





Lonely Planet Nepal says of Royal Nepal Airlines,





“The notoriously (we like that word) unreliable Royal Nepal Airlines Corporation has a limited number of international services, currently to Hong Kong, Delhi, Bangladesh, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Dubai, Bangalore, and Mumbai(Bombay), but nothing to Europe (I suspect that they only have one plane… maybe that is why it is so late… but I digress). A chronic lack of aircraft (I must be right) means that even these skeleton services are frequently subject to delays (the check in people said 8 hours was early) and cancellations (eek).





Here’s the best part… and why Lonely Planet is always right, even when I forget to consult them first in this case…


“It is worth flying with any other airline than RNAC if at all possible, and in fact only a limited number of travel agencies abroad will book RNAC (lucky me) flights. When King Gyanendra embarked on a tour of Africa in 2005, half of the Royal Nepal’s International flights were cancelled on short notice!”

Yeah I have a gate… number 21… it just came up… the King must be home in Kathmandu!

Soon I will be there as well… lets hope they don’t serve last night’s dinner for breakfast…

My body says "lets go to the gym"... "lets work in the yard"... the clock says it is 1am sunday morning...

I think I will go for a walk... almost there...

I think the flight crew is here having tea... I rather think that is a good sign as well...

Namaste!

Comments