You indignant cow...

















































































































I have always wondered where that phrase came from... there was a very funny cow hanging out in front of the house this morning... when she realized I wasn't going to give her anything she turned and sauntered off in a huff... I guess being sacred can go to your head (or tail!). As I was waiting for Ram our trusty driver to take me to St. Xavier’s College, there was a rather indignant cow giving me a funny look this morning. I gave a talk to the Social Work students at Kadambari Memorial College at St. Xavier’s College not far from my place, then they took me to lunch to a nice place up by Pashupatinath. Having not yet been there, Prof R was kind enough to show me around. This is one of the most important holy sites in all of Hinduism, and very peaceful place. There was one cremation going on, and another one about to begin. With folks hanging aroudn to watch... While we were walking about the complex (which reminded me very, much of Tikal except it is functioning much of the temples were rebuilt in the 14th century) there were monkeys and cows… one cow was just hanging out on a chautaro (porch). All in all a very nice day, good students, and an amazing place I the midst of the city.













































Comments