Happy 7.7.07 at 7am!

Last nite I had a very nice evening with Rosemary and her husband. They are a British couple who are retired educators. R went with us to the Sustainable Development Project site last week... They are here for 3 years (ends in May) as part of their Volunteer program like our peace corps which is canceled here (grrr!). Amazing to meet people who have everything, and are willing to go out for awhile and do something for the good of things... people like them humble me, and it was great fun as well as an honored to be asked to enjoy the sunset from their rooftop before dinner.

So at any rate, I have 3 more days, a lot of farewell parties... and festivals to fit in... also off to the village where we have been working on a math curriculum for the day...

I am fortunate indeed... I have friends and family in so many beautiful places in the world . Good decent people, who just want a fair chance, a good job, education, and the best for their children. The more I travel, the more I see how we are all the same.

So this morning I am packing before we go to the countryside. I was thinking as I looked out the window at the poverty, just how fortunate I am to have these opportunities to travel and learn how others think and feel and perceive and do things...

I miss my friends and garden, but I also look forward to more travel abroad...

bucket baths make you strong indeed!
life is good!

Comments