Namaskaar! Namaskaar!

Last night after work I was invited to the Dean’s home for a sumptuous dinner with my colleagues. He has a lovely home, a fantastic garden, which made me miss mine now more than ever.
With all the corn and rice growing, I am aching to get my hands dirty in my yard. To see his garden, a really nice yard, with a huge pecan tree fro shade, and lotus pond… beautiful! Before I could think to take pictures we were chased inside by mosquitoes… But here is a snap of all of us on his hand carved sofa. My uncle Ron would be so interested in the wood work done here. He also had a nice little wall clock, see if you can figure out why it is so interesting? Today a formal farewell luncheon is planned at noon with the KU vice-chancellor and the deans and colleagues. I had better go for a walk after I post this! Friday I have a talk at Tribhuvan University and Saturday we are in the field with the UNESCO project.

Included here is yesterday’s corn and rice shots.

5 days left – 7 days to see my garden… Nossa! Que saudades tenho - para meus amigos em Sacramento e Brasil! There is only one cure for this saudades... a walk around the Boudha Stupa... off I go!

Comments