Tristle trassle trustle trome... time for this one to go home!


Today is my last day in Nepal… it has been good, and even with minor frustrations, I can honestly say, that there has not been a bad day... I say, "try that in Sacramento!"

The highlights for me have been:

- Teaching and working with colleagues at KU
- Everest flight
- Boudha
- treks, and treks and more treks!
- Pokhara
- And just plain getting used to the Kathmandu Valley
Yesterday was the last class with the ethnomathematics lads. I showed them a bit of the website, and am still waiting for more work from them, but what we have is looking good by the minute. See: http://www.csus.edu/indiv/o/oreyd/ku/kumodel.home.htm I was deeply moved by their presentation with me. They talked, and thanked me, and I got a little tilaka (vermillion spot on my 3rd eye as a blessing), then was given the packet to do the same to everyone in the room... it was very sweet. The lads are a very special group, and I will always cherish this time. So today I ma going to give my last talk (at Tribhuvan University) then who knows what… still juggling a few things in my luggage. All is well, and looking forward to the trip home. I want to get to the airport early in hopes of getting a good seat to see the mountains on the way to Hong Kong… wish me luck! And to all of the Nepali readers, thank you so very much for your great kindness, love and hospitality. Your country deserves the bright future you are such shining examples of!

The greatest honor is that they have given to call me now "Orey Kaka" ...which I rather like it means "Uncle Orey"
Be well, keep in touch! Namaste!

Comments

Amrit B. Thapa said…
We will miss you, have a nice journey. We will, we will miss you; We will, we will miss you!!!
Hope to be with you together again in future.
Amrit Thapa
Kathmandu University student.
Pokhrel, T. R. said…
I remember the day was good and made sentimental thinking to all of us. We planned to form Ethnomathematic study unit at KU. what is going on? We will form Ethnomathematics study group in South Asian Chapter as a sister organization of ISGMe. Any intersted persons can contact to me or other.

Tika Ram Pokhrel
tikarampokhrel@gmail.com