Redwood Trees - Serquoia sempervirens

I just finished an amazing book, “The Wild Trees” by Richard Preston. It is an interesting account of my favorite trees and the search by a group of folks for the tallest tree. The final chapter ends with the filming of, and documentation of Hyperion.
See: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/01/070123-redwoods-video.html



I have about 11 of these trees in my yard… the first two are so big now that I cannot get my arms around them. They are my favorite trees. The foto here is taken from the park and show our two tallest trees in the front peeking over the top of our house.


Comments

You may enjoy the page I put together then, with photos of a lot of those trees.

Grove of Titans / Atlas Grove

If you really dig into the page, it has a bunch of links and info and photos.