All My Very Best Wishes for 2008!


This next year brings with it many, many challenges for all of us on the planet. I received a copy of the BBC Planet Earth series and have been watching it almost nonstop since Xmas. It is a remarkable program and I cannot recommend it enough. To be able to see the entire planet as one organism as is presented here is such a privilege. The beauty of the photography is truly uplifting.

As this year comes to a close, I begin a new one with a trip to work with the teachers in Santa Avelina, Guatemala with Helps. I haven’t been to Santa Avelina yet, but a colleague at Utah State was kind enough to invite me to participate. The chance to return to the Ixil triangle in El Quiche was far too hard for me to pass on. It is a grand way to begin a new year.

I have been deeply blessed by a rewarding job, good colleagues and students, dear friends in many countries, a family, a life partner and a son. I live in lovely city, in an amazing and diverse state, that has afforded me a job that allows me to do what I want to do.

In other words I deeply appreciate all that many of you have contributed towards making this crazy life of mine such a marvel. So at midnight tomorrow evening, when Milton & I raise the traditional glass, I will be raising another to you all as well.

All my very best wishes, for peace and health to us all on this deeply troubled tiny little planet of ours!

Cheers!

Comments

Very happy new year 2008 to you as well...