A busy two evenings, and we still have a quermesse to go!

I am writing this as everyone is taking nap after a very fun churrasco in the home of M’s sister and brother-in-law. Let me recap, as I know so many people are eager to follow our adventures. The responsibility falls heavily upon this author…


Last night we were invited, a I shared in my last post, to a sarau (a Luso-Brazilian custom by which people bring a poem or song… it was great fun! It was in the same school that 10 years ago, I did research in… we are all a bit older and very much wiser. It is fun to see the former French teacher now the coordinator a (principal), etc. Then we went to meet the family at a new luncheonette… the major attraction being that they deliver the chopps in a tower (see the attached photo). We all had a raucous good time… and I woke up at 10am, less than refreshed.

Regina’s house for the churrasco… for those of you not familiar with Brazilian custom, it is a tradition to over eat and drink with the family in such a manner. For those of you reading this from S. Asia, yes I am afraid it does involve the massive consumption of beef, pork, and chicken. But, when in Rome… there was plenty of reason to celebrate – Airton won R$8000,00 in the jogo de bicho, it is my birthday tomorrow, and we asked for and received Helen’s blessing for our wedding… so it has been a roudy party to sya the least, and I truly love this family.









Comments