From a colleague

A freind of this person sent me this, my first teaching job was jsut outsoide this town, at that time, I had no idea it was so gruvy:

Friends:
One of my best friends for the last 40 years, Lisa, has lived in Silverton Oregon these past several years.

Silverton elected a cross dressing mayor this last election. Naturally, the uber Christian Fred Phelps (God hates Fags) contingent came from Kansas to protest.
Let me tell you in Lisa's own words what happened:

Silverton had its first protest from some nutty/religious group from KANSAS, of all places. They came here to let the people of our town know God hates them because we elected a cross-dresser as our mayor. As our response to their protest, the men of Silverton put on dresses and make-up and took a stance across the street carrying signs such as “You’re not in Kansas any more”. I am now sure the people from the Mid-West are drinking the corn they have been raising!
With love,
A very proud Silvertonian

see http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_110608_news_transgender_mayor.18a1f2fa7.html

Comments