a good one from Clo

One sunny day in 2009 an old man approached the White House.He walked up to the Marine standing guard and said, "I'd like to go in and meet with President Bush."

"Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides here."The old man said "Okay," then walked away.

The following day the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, 'I'd like to go in and meet with President Bush.'

"Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides here."The man thanked him and walked away.

The third day, the old man approached the same Marine and said, "I'd like to go in and meet with President Bush.""Sir, this is the third day in a row that you've been here asking to speakto Mr. Bush. I've told you every time that Mr. Bush is no longer thepresident and that he no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"

"Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted the old man and said, "See youtomorrow, sir."

Comments