Ask the LDS Church to support GLBT Rights in Utah


When leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons) took a prominent role in ending marriage equality in California, I felt compelled to act.


Bruce Bastian, HRC Board Member said, "As a gay resident of Utah who grew up in a conservative Mormon family, I have seen the LDS Church divide the community and even families every day. I became active in and donated a million dollars to the "No on 8" campaign to help spread the truth in the face of a deceptive campaign funded largely by members of the LDS Church."

Bcause LDS (Mormon) leaders have been trying to deflect criticism by insisting that they're not "anti-gay" or opposed to civil unions, domestic partnerships and other LGBT rights – just marriage equality, click here to ask them to prove it.

Comments

JimII said…
I am a Christian who sees Christ's inclusiveness as a mandate to support Marriage Equality. That said, how does the focus on attacking the LDS church help the cause?

As I wrote in a post today, I think aggressive legal measures should go forward, but I think the role of Christians is to educate and promote understanding. That can really only be achieved through heart felt dialogue, right? Am I being too wimpy?

Prophetic Progress: Less Backlash More Back and Forth
JimII said…
This comment has been removed by the author.