Bram is going to town with us.


And I am quite sure he is pleased.

For those of you who do not know it, Kermit thought it a grand idea if I took just a little of Bram’s ashes with me on my trip. It wasn’t so much to keep me company as to full fill a promise we made to him. He loved travel, and was born in the Netherlands.

So it is that he has joined me on this trip in a zip lock baggy. When I told her, Sonja was thrilled (Not to worry, I promise not to let her make art of him). She is a very famous artist, and makes all sorts of marvelous things from paper and paint on the streets of Europe's greatest cities. Her home feels like you are living in a giant collage, its great fun!

We are going to Amsterdam tomorrow, and of course Bram will join us. It is good to have a mission. We are suprressing the desire to play Enya, and dress in white, as we sprinkle his ashes operatically on the Herengracht. She thinks the Herengracht (Gentlemen's Canal) is the perfect palce for Bram.

So today as Sen and Sonja trade off taking me about town, we will eventually meet up at the Pilgrim Museum. Leiden is where the Pilgrims all set off for the United States to serve turkey to the natives. There is promise of a bike ride in sub freezing weather to the obligatory dutch windmill as well.

This is madness, and I love it.

Comments