the magic of ipod shuffle, better than the daily horoscope

The first ipod shuffle song of the day was Try by Billy Pilgrim. Here are the lyrics:

Another sleepless night, turn off my light turn it off Open my books, take in silence, and wait for the dawn Lock myself into place Keep the sun off my face When the morning comes TRY to keep it all in sight

Form one thought, break it off, take a breath, carry on You think you matter so much that you're the only one In your mind you're a star that I can see from afar Before you've even begun to TRY to keep it all in sight If you feel it then open your heart No need to ask it what for Blood runs cold when it's shut from the sun So open your door and what's more, TRY

Worked for years on their temples to burn them all down An angry horde disbelievin' set fire sacred ground In its place they built tanks Think, fish, and drunk tanks And just to tear the sky down They tried to conquer all in sight Walled their cities as high as they could Kept them apart from themselves Fought for ages and raged on the plains with reasons misunderstood but to the common good Raised up their idols protected their own walked on dinosaur bones Spread a pestilent nature from mountain to sky Until the rivers ran dry and the rivers ran dry that they owned

Watch the lights flash by my window Throw ghosts on the wall And every room in my house answers back when I call Trace the outline within Trust in dreams to begin TRY to keep it all in sight And TRY to work it all out TRY if you will, TRY if they won't You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't TRY.

I needed this as, with this damn foot of mine, I ma really blue, I can’t walk much, forget about my bike or puttering too much in the yard… I have already gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks… so I will TRY to not be too bitchy… thank gawd for my son, my husband and a great band of students this semester… they are my drug of choice.

Comments