It’s hard to say no when they treat you so well.

I mean I don’t want to create an international incident. Far be it from me... So let’s see, last night in the Forum das Artes de Ouro Preto:

There was an OK concert in the Centro de Convenções, a trio of acoustic music and poetry


Followed by drinks and food from the barracas in the cold with João & Silvia during a great tango demonstration (not to worry, I just watched), and then a nice jazz trio after…


Then we all went to O Passo for more drinks and pizza and the end to a Michael Jackson theme party with Ouro Preto’s high society which had a really talented artist painting during the whole thing, that they auctioned off (chega, even I am done with him now), where a really amazing artist was doing a painting that they auctioned off.
João & Silvia's kids where there, and they took them home, and I stayed to talk to folks for awhile.

Then a weird drag show at the gay bar Bar ‘Abas... very weird, but a must because it was part of the Forum das Artes... They like me there and call me Maria (the gossip lady who just sits at the bar knits and smiles). It’s fun to go and talk with folks…

Somewhere I think I remember talking to and dancing with Dom Oswaldo the mayor of Ouro Preto.

Comments