Quote of the Day

Who really knows? Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?
Whence this creation has risen -- perhaps it formed itself,
or perhaps it did not.
The one who looks down on it, in the highest heaven, only he knows
or perhaps he does not know. ~ Rig Veda


A Nepali colleague of mine who currently is studying in Australia uses this in his signature line. It is powerful, and each time I get a message from him it gets me to thinking.


I have been really down the past few weeks, what with the state of the economy, the university, and the right wing nut case assault on Obama and anything he stands for… M & I sat out in our backyard enjoying the redwoods, and the evening, and talking about our next steps. He has a way of helping me snap out of my doldrums… I need to focus on how blessed this life is, even when its weird and wacky and things at work are pretty crappy.


The one who looks down on it, in the highest heaven, only he knows or perhaps he does not know.


That’s really it!


- Many thanks to Bal Chandra and big namaste backatcha!

Comments