The day after...

My horoscope says I should write something today. (CANCER (June 22-July 22) – Today is an 8 – Work on any writing project, maybe even a letter to your mother. Does she have e-mail? That could work. )

Funny,as M & I are working on a redo of a book chapter that is being reissued for a text at UEM.

Being an ever obedient slave to all things metaphysical, it’s best if I do not argue. Besides, sitting here listening to KCRW on a cool Sunday afternoon is just the right remedy for the ressaca I have from last night’s Bohemian Village annual Oktoberfest at the Afghari residence.

I feel particularly good about it, as this year, I didn’t argue at all with the annoying republican neighbor who last year came up to Milton & I and told us that he gave us permission to live together, but gay marriage was just plane wrong. I got into a heated argument… This year, he came up to me and gave me a razor blade, in hopes hat I would use it took off my Obama sticker. The idiot doesn’t know that it’s magnetic, and that I take it off and on all the time. Right now it’s stuck the dryer, but I will now put it back on. It’s amazing how fascist republicans feel they have the right to go about telling their neighbors what they can and cannot do, and then preach to us about less government. I took the razor blade, as I was looking for one the other day to do some paint scrapping about the ponderosa. Though I was tempted to give it back to him and suggest he use it on his wrists when we all get healthcare reform…

The party was great fun as it is always more like a Brazilian party, gradually intoxicated adults, gradually sugar induced rowdiness of the kids, and fun group of neighbors. Today the tamale lady’s kids came to the door and we bought our tamales and I noticed some folks standing in front of the house across the street. They have been hoping to buy the house for a few years but the owner is being a pill. I guess its going on auction tomorrow. The owner bought a place in Fair Oaks just at the down turn and hasn’t been able to sell it. The couple has a daughter about 5 blocks form here, and is looking forward to being closer, and she is an avid gardener… woo hoo! Things are a movi’n on Yellowstone finally, now if jobs could start to appear it would great…

Today’s Sunday paper has an editorial about how the state may try and sell the CSU to a private university system… gawd help us all.


Ok off to email Dot.

Comments