Captains Log 23.12.2009

So the damage report just came in.

After all the ups and downs of the last few days (Saturday mission scrubbed due to snow in Washington & a successful launch via Orlando on Monday)… I left my camera charger charging on the Ponderosa (insert aporopriate palavrão here)

But there is hope! Arthur Powell and family, a colleague from Rutgers just happen to be headed to Rio! Yay! so if Mike, our super house sitter can Fedex it to New Jersey… all will not be lost!

Meanwhile here is the news.

Last nite we all went to the luncheonette Tucão (made famous by the torres de chope), where of course a few chopes were downed by the glass not torre by your blogista modesto (far be it from me to desist a local custom). Upon returning, I went to bed about midnight. I woke up when Tata was rummaging about on her way to work at the Supermercado Brunhara (the calendar that Milton brought back just now says it is located at Av. Europa 497, Jd Camanducaia, Amparo, SP), and read for awhile and woke up with my kindle on my lap by my sogra who wanted to know if I knew it was at 11am … Milton of course was still asleep kindleless.

As I write, the neighbor kids car stereo is shaking the house… and being duely shaved and showered we are waiting or lunch, and will go downtown later. Jetlagg alows for the skipping of breakfast...

It’s good here.

Comments