Ouro Preto









today's dream house...











Had a great bus ride up to Ouro Preto. It was shedeuled to arrive @ 630am, and we arrived @ 515. Took a taxi and headed to Marger's. And took a shower and went to bed, and woke up at 9. It was good to be in cool air, and low humidity. I don't think it got past 27c today, tho the sun is harsh at this altitude,the air is clear, and cool. They had a huge lunch here, and then we went to UFOP, and then I took the bus downtown, and walked around, had soem new glasses ordered (I suddenly remebered that the shop here on Rua Parana had a copy of the prescription, so they promised to be ready by next Friday... the pics are from my walk about and the walk down the road to Marger's house. The last pic is enhanced zoom of Itacolomy, the local landmark. It is my Uncle's memorial, and the whole family is gathered in Sacramento. Spencer is standing in for me.

Its good to be here, I plan a few days of doing absolutely nothing more than working on my written Portugese, walking about, and hopefully making progress on an article re: spirals if I can find Heloisa.

Comments