Viewpoints: Palin in '12 would give the nation a clear choice

By Leonard Pitts Jr.

Dear Sarah Palin:

I hear you're pondering a run for the White House in 2012. Last week, you told Fox News it would be "absurd" to rule it out.

I'm writing to ask that you rule it in. I very badly want you to run for – and "win" – the Republican nomination for the presidency.

I know you're waiting for the punch line. Maybe you figure I think you'd be a weak candidate who would pave the way for President Obama's easy re-election.

That's not it. No, I want you to run because I believe a Palin candidacy would force upon this country a desperately needed moment of truth. It would require us to finally decide what kind of America we want to be.

jump here to read the full article on the Sacramento Bee

Comments