Via Fred Karger: How Involved Is the Mormon Church in Huntsman vs. Romney?

I have been tracking the political activities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon Church) for the past three years, ever since it qualified and ran every aspect of the Proposition 8 campaign in my home state of California. After the Mormon Church reported spending only $2078 on the five-month campaign, I filed a sworn complaint with the California Fair Political Practices Commission detailing all that the Mormon Church did to pass Prop 8. 

My charges led to an unprecedented 18-month investigation by our state ethics commission. The Mormon Church was prosecuted, investigated, fined and found guilty on 13 counts of election fraud. They adamantly denied my charges when I first filed them. Church leaders called me a liar and attacked me. That stopped abruptly once the investigation was announced. 

Now three years later it appears that the Mormon Church is actively involved in the campaign to elect the first Mormon President of the United States.

Their 180-year-old U.S.-born religion would thrive under President Mitt Romney. Church membership would soar in this country and around the world. But there is one candidate who could jeopardize a Romney win in the primaries: former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman.

 read more here:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fred-karger/mormon-church-huntsman-romney_b_1169558.html

Comments