Via JMG: Star Trek Went To Mayberry


Tech/sci-fi site IO9 has posted an item titled 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Star Trek. Here's my favorite:
Star Trek visited Mayberry... twice. The show was so broke, it reused tons of outdoor sets from The Andy Griffith Show, particularly in the episodes "Miri" and "City on the Edge of Forever." You can actually see Floyd's Barber Shop, where Andy regularly got his hair cut, in the background of scenes where Captain Kirk is walking along with Edith Keeler [Joan Collins]. You can also see the Mayberry Courthouse, Walkers Drugstore and several other major landmarks quite prominently in both episodes.
As "City" is one of my favorite episodes, I'm quite surprised that I never noticed the Mayberry set in the at least 100 times I've watched it.

RELATED:
The title of the coming 12th Star Trek movie is Star Trek Into Darkness. It will be released in May and openly gay actor Zachary Quinto will return as Spock.


Reposted from Joe

Comments