Good news... I found a "cyber" that has good connections... braved being chased by a dog, honked at twice by taxis, a cow or two... and their blessings onthe sidewalk, and crossing six lanes of traffic the sign said it was on the III floor... I am guessing that I am really on the 3rd floor by the look of things... Tomorrow, besides being a bundt (general strike, and no transportation is allowed on the roads) is my one week anniversary in Nepal.

Woke up to a nice steady rain… a morning monsoon, I gather… the driver called to ask if I still wanted to go (yes!), and Professor Tika called to ask the same (yes!). They are taking turns taking me places… and after Sergio, the UNESCO rep’s feedback it was decided that Prof Shashidar would work on the proposal, and that Daniel and Tika would go with the university driver to Bhaktapur and then to Boudha to see the enormous stupa there.

Bhaktapur is astonishing… a Nepali Ouro Preto in red brick and over a thousand years old… it rained on and off, which didn’t dampen our spirits at all. After about 3 hours and a decision on my part to come spend the evening and day there… we were driven to Bouda to see the enormous stupa.

Tika and I were tasked with finding things mathematical in Bhaktapur… so there are hundreds of things to be developed and studied…






Comments