Not much to say… other than a strange night last night. After work, Shashi insisted in taking me out to Kiritpur and to see the other very big university, where I will be speaking next week. While we were there one could see he evening monsoon building up… big beautiful ominous clouds…

And then the taxi died…

So we stopped for a snack, then took a minivan then a taxi back, dropping him off in the rain, and on to my house.

Met with my host family over dinner, and tried to watch some tv… but I don’t understand… but we all laugh as Moni the daughter, will explain it all…

Then went to bed, and was woke up by a tremendous crash… I realized then my fan had fallen off the shelf (oh so that is why I am sweating underneath the mosquito netting?). I got up to fix it and there was an equally tremendous cockroach.. I ran to get a water glass to trap it thinking “my colleagues in the CSUS biology department must see this” .

Such are the thoughts of people woken up at 2am…

And then my body said… “uh oh”… so a spent a few dedicated some quality time to offloading yesterdays fine food in a liquid fashion… I took the magic pill (I had a meeting with folks at the Columbus College and then work… so needed to stop this).

So in the morning, Tankaraj the managing director came and got me on his motorbike (my second ride, yesterday I was whisked to campus on the back of another... great fun!). I had breakfast (chicken soup and yogurt…) and am on my way back to rest the rest of the day.

For tomorrow I am hoping to meet wit the NGO study group on sustainable development at KU and then we are going on a trek in the mountains…

So no pictures today… just good thoughts to all of you dedicated readers!

Comments