A walk along Copacabana







After a great trip, and a
Saturday that took me to a party in the moutnains where I was able to sleep off my jet lag in a hammock while it poured rain... I woke up this morning and had "cafe de manha" in a great little street place, with Ulicio before he pointed me toward the right direction on the metro to meet Vitor and Luis to make a try at going to the beach...

It being humid and very hot, and portending to rain, we all put our sungas in out backpacks with the best of intentions and alternative plans... but as we left, they began to recieve and send chamadas (multple calls on the cell phone, as is the custom here). So after walking just a few hundred metres (after lunch) we went a a few blocks, and encountered friends going one way, others walking to another, stopped here and there for lunch, chopes, etc... we ended up dodging one shower at a restuanrnt near the feirinha de hippie, and got soaked as we got to their apartment... great fun...

There are cows all over the city, I´ll try and take more pictures... the one here is a "vaca na praia" a beach cow... I give my talk at UFRJ tomorrow evenign and sicne Malu is oiff teachign, Ulicio is going to a formatura, Vitor is off to Rondonia, Luis was dlegated to take care of me tomorrow evening.

Comments