Arrived!


A classic full Moon came up across the bay, a shame I missed the eclipse from here...



Membership has its privileges!

I got to Haifa (9o km north of Tel Aviv) about 630pm... transferred in Chicago (9f outside of the terminal), Frankfurt was a balmy 40c outside.
Frankfurt airport was beautiful as is the one here.... Actually, the airport in Tel Aviv is spectacular...a real arrival… by the time I got thru customs got my luggage (all very fast, and I knew it was going to be tight) I had missed the last train for Haifa on Friday (shabbat - starts on Friday evening, so mass transit begins stopping around 3)... so got a sharoot! ( group taxi van)... that are driven by non-observant folks… Checked in, took a shower, put my stuff away and went for walk... (climb) needed to check in at the Baha'i visitor center before they closed... which seems just a few blocks away on the map… but it about a few thousand feet below me. Not to fear (I lived in Ouro Preto!) as this city is connected by an intricate set of streets, stairs and gardens) a little site seeing tomorrow before things start on Sunday... Checking in at the Baha'i Center gives me a visitor's badge, the best part being I can get to where I want anytime (dawn to sunset) right through the gardens themselves!
This city is a very special place, especially for members of the Baha’í Faith. Clic on the link and you can see amazing fotos of where I am by a truly talented photographer. Membership does have its privileges! Though the Carmalit metro system begins running Saturday evening.

My Hotel (Dan Panorama) is on the very top of Mt Carmel and I'm on the 18th floor (I am in the far tower on this side in the picture). Lets just say that the drop out my widow is value added.

So with the 10 hour time difference ( 4am and I am wide wide awake)… I'll post this, check more mail and try and finish the book I ma devouring Three Cups of Tea.

Shalom!

Comments