looking for Miss Brasil

Last night I called my friend Regina. We are going to meet for dinner on the 2nd. I didn´t realize that it was 12:20 am and when I called. I woke her up.
Now, as is my custom, I asked her “quero falar com Miss Brasil” (Iwant to talk with Miss Brasil). She hung up.
I called again.
She hung up.
After the 3rd try she asked me who I was, and when I told her it was me, she was laughing, she thought I was an English journalist who keeps calling here about Filipão, the soccer coach in Europe. Regina is rather famous her, as she is the sports psychologist for soccer players. I met her my very first visit to Brasil, and she was most helpful with Spencer, then 9 years old. She is a dear friend, and we always have a good time together.

I have never been confused for being, English.
I say, old chap, well played!

Comments