Can't sleep...so why not blog?

I’m sitting here in bed all snuggled up with my laptop.


I suddenly woke up at 430am and couldn’t get back to sleep. Today Prof. Boris will be taking me to the school for us to do his half of the pilot study with kids and algorithms. I am looking forward to doing some work with him and his students.


Tomorrow is the conference. The main point is to find ways to collaborate across cultures using math. They have a tremendous project bringing Jewish and Palestinian middle school boys together in creative situations. So they brought me here to see if my ethnomath work might assist them to expand it to the West Bank and other places. This is definitely one of those places that as Gal Uchovsky says “If people stop and think for a little bit, they start to realize places are much more complicated than their images.” There is far more going on here for peace than people possibly know… it is such a privilege to be here.


Later this week we are going to Elat and then a very quick trip to Petra before putting me on the plane early Saturday morning… life is good!

Comments