There is no place like home...

As you know form this blog, I just returned from a quick trip to Holland, Israel, and Jordan.

I can't begin to describe the happiness, the congratulations, the sense of hope that we the voters and Obama have given the rest of the world. Everywhere I went, people congratulated me - a boarder guard in Jordan, colleagues at the Technion, people on buses, and stores, tour guides... just amazing. That old "I love America" feeling was back... a Arab-Israeli taxi driver in Akko told me the following that I think it summed it up, when I answered his question as to where I am from:


"I love America, my son is there and everything about your country gives me hope now. Now that the American people have done the right thing, your country is good again. I know there will be peace in the Middle East now. When you go home, tell them thank you for Obama! "


This happened numerous times... Oh happy day!

Comments