I have had a good few days here...

I have had a good few days here, tomorrow I do some work with CEAD... Since they are paying me to do some work... its great! and pretty much will cover my expenses...woo hoo!

The winter arts festival is really great, some super shows, plays and films... been seeing Carmen Miranda movies as its her 100th birthday this year.

It has really been super weather, a light jacket and sweater... a short but strong pancada last nite, which casued all the streets to be as slick as ice... afterall everything is made from pedra sabão and we woke to clear skys and very cold. (its about 8c as I update this).

Marger and her husband went to a conference in Santo Domingo and let me stay in their amazing house... its kind of a shock from the Ouro Preto I love... its very BIG (3 floors, and an elevator) its a bit of a walk from the bus stop, and not in the pretty part of town in anyway shape or form... but its free and the maid cleans the place and does my laundry... so what more do I want?

Everybody is so nice, calling me to go out, and see this play or that movie... Silvia, the reitor's wife just called me (1030pm) to ask me if I wanted to meet them all for dinner... I would normally say yes, but they kept me out until 4 am last night and I need to prepare for work tomorrow...

I love it here.

Comments