There are things that one wants to do, yet can’t. There are things that one hopes to do, and will. - me

That is a thought I just had as I am sitting waiting for a presentation in the CalEPA Building today re: "The Plastic Vortex”, which so happens to be one of my favorite little things to know about and follow. I kind of am fascinated about the Gyre, in a way that reminds me of Wednesday Adams and Pugsly, when they are looking at topics with Uncle Fester… “scabs…”. It has that kind of a draw for me… I can a sure you that after the presentation, I am even more fascinated and horrified by the problem.


The lecture, talked about 4 R’s instead of the traditional 3:

Reuse

Refuse (the new R)

Recycle

Renew


I showed up characteristically early, and made a quick turn about the Chavez Plaza… our city looks particularly grand from here, even on a dreadfully hot day as today. I was working @ Butch & Nellie’s and listening to Radio UFOP. When I got here, I turned on my laptop, back from the dead, and got a message from my buddies Luis & Vitor in Rio inviting me for New Year’s… it took me all of 15 key strokes to think about…


I spent the morning working on stuff, and reorganizing my Portuguese class that I am doing via an old book I found, that travels with me everywhere .. today’s lesson is PAST SUBJEUNCTIVE, which means things like:


“Eu queira que você voltasse (I wanted you to come back)”


I need a lot of written practice, which hopefully will rub off on my spoken abilities… So while I was doing that, I remembered that I could listen to Radio UFOP… and then between the Curso de Português and the musica… a severe set of saudades set in and a little vozinho told me, don’t forget to ask Vitor & Luis if I can come to Rio for new year's… its a dream of mine. to have reveillon on Copacabana.


They answered back in the time it took me to drive to the parking structure from B&N’s and come to the auditorium and get set up…


Good friends… so file this reveillon idea under “There are things that one hopes to do, and will”


Eu vou!












Comments