2nd to Last day in Amparo

In my quest to retrieve my camera charger that I left at home, I am going to Rio tomorrow, it just so happens that one of the world´s greatest New Year´s parties will be happening there as well.

Its been a great week here in Amparo, its nice to have a home base, where I can re-tune my Portuguese, and hang out, have a haircut at Beto´s down the street...

Now to spend a few days with Victor & Luis and their amigos. First will be to find Arthur and my recarregador. The rest is completely unplanned and should be great... they are super guys, and their friends have always been great fun.

Its a nice rainy day here, so I am out in a coffee place after going to the bank, and a stop at Pernambucanas (a loja not unlike Sears or Penny's), and the famacia to get some Polvilho Antisséptico Gramado. Which is arguably the best foot/body powder on earth… it must have the same mineral in it that Stewart Hot Springs (near Mt. Shasta) have as it gives my silver (ear ring and wedding band) a nice tarnish.

I am waiting out another shower with a café com leite, its really hot when the sun comes out between showers...

Comments