How to get to Aeroporto Confins from Ouro Preto

There are numerous ways to get to the airport from Ouro Preto, but most importantly one must be psychically ready to do so. Ouro Preto is a cultural island, decidedly barouque, yet at the same time connected to the 21st century, albeit tentatively, and with desconfiança. It is a nice town, my friends are there, and it as of yet, with little to any hint of ladrões. It is civil, kind, and really quite lovely.

The ride to the airport entailed this time a few stops in BH, which always jars me. It is huge, skyscrapers, and traffic, and freeways, and modern this and that... I often have more of a shock in BH than going home to California.

Normally I take the Pássaro Verde to the rodoviário and then the airport bus to the airport. But the Santa Marger insisted that I ride with her as she needed to make a couple of stops in BH... so I got o serviço de primeira classe and here I am safely inside of Confins.

Um chopp, a cafe com leite and três pão de queijos the better...

Comments

oreydc said…
not sure why there are little boxes... but they do lead to translations