Sunday Saudades


Sunday nights are always a bit depressing for me, I am not really sure why.  Maybe it’s the lingering feeling from my youth that tomorrow is a school day.  It’s different here as even tho it is a school day tomorrow; I rather look forward to going to work.  I think I am dealing with a feeling of not really knowing what is going on, and having missed a lot today… we woke up, and heard band music playing and realized that it was Bandeliera, no one had told us that they were going out today, a little later, I realize that a big game is on TV between Brasil and Norway, and we didn’t know about it, as M has taken over the TV with his really strange addiction to  all things brega on Globo or SBT (I really cannot stomach Guga or Silvio Santos). I try once in a while to change it to something more edifying… and he will go for a walk.  He has a really rotten cold, so I will give him some slack, but he is in a hunker down, don’t bother me, I want to watch crap on TV mood, and I am in my little command center, listening to the BBC/NPR and KCRW and grading assignments and reading a book. So to be fair, I am not exactly trying to find out as well… I am just feeling the Sunday night, I hate Brazilian SBT/Globo TV blues… and really miss Masterpiece Theatre blues… and my Sunday night Sitting with SBMG.

I think I have a case of the Sunday saudades

Comments