This does not surprise me at all. Although I do want to suggest some Facebook etiquette for the 40 plus crowd (to which I belong.)
- Please don't post your broken toe, infected foot, or whatever ailment you have for the whole world to see. It's just gross.
- Selfies in a hospital bed are just plain desperate and definitely attention seeking. (Just don't post ANYTHING pre-surgery, post-surgery, you get the picture!)
- When you arrive in Aruba, I would LOVE to see the smile on your face not a shot of your feet in the sand. OK, since I don't mind feet at all, at least cut your toe nails first! (But seriously the foot pic is so cliche')
- Post all the positive moments in your life, but wait a day before deciding to post all the negative.
- Vaguebooking - Urban Dictionary defines "vaguebooking" as the following: "An intentionally vague Facebook status update that prompts friends to ask what's going on, or is possibly a cry for help." See also: "Wondering if it's all worth it...", "Yep, that just happened." "Karma is a bitch."
- Abusing the status update - I try to limit my updates to a small amount a day. When people update 60,000 times I explode! Most times I’ll hide the feeds, or delete them. I also block game updates. My life will go on if I don’t see your high score in Family Feud, or that you got to another level in Mafia Wars.
- Posting song lyrics with ZERO context -Nobody wants to decode your life through Drake lyrics.
- When couples have an argument via passive aggressive status updates to everyone.
- Announcing it's your birthday in 6 days, 5 days, 4 days, 3 days...
- Excessive Bitstrips.
Thank you WGB... you rock (from a person well about the mean)!