Am I a Paparazzi?






Wangari Maathai spoke on campus today... just amazing! It is such a privilege to be in the presence of saints like this... the students were so happy and energized by her talk... they show us what a real "bad hair day" is..

So it got me to thinking how many have I seen? So off I went to the Noble Site I surfed and counted up these… can't remember when I saw them so attached is what year the site said they were awarded the prize... pretty cool...

2004 - Wangari Maathai (saw her today)

1993 - Nelson Mandela – saw him speak on my birthday years ago at the Oakland Coliseum, somewhere I have a tiny tiny picture of him (we were in the top deck and the stadium was full... very cool!)

1992 - Rigoberta Menchú Tum (heard her speak here at CSUS)

1989 - The 14th Dalai Lama (hope to see him when he comes here in 2009)

1987 - Oscar Arias Sánchez (ok, this is dicey, and perhaps makes me a paparazzi, except I didn't take a picture... I never saw him, but have driven by his house in San José, Costa Rica… does that count?).

1962 - Linus Pauling (met and shook his hand when he spoke to graduate students at UNM.

One other that I thought was Jane Goodall but she isn’t, she gave a talk here in Sacramento a few years ago, she is a English UN Messenger of Peace… close enough.

Comments