This message from Marilyn Burns was received via Ruth Cossey and Susie Hakansson:
From: "Marilyn Burns"
Date: March 6, 2008 1:03:57 PM PST
About Nicholas:
I'm still reeling from the news and am finding it so hard to accept the finality. I've been in touch with Nicholas's family and have offered to help disseminate information about plans. So I'm sending this message to all of the Math Solutions consultants plus others who I thought would like to receive it. Please feel free to forward the message to anyone I've forgotten.
Most immediate: Nicholas's body has finally been returned from Australia and there will be a funeral service for Nicholas this weekend. Here is the information:
-- Friday, March 7, viewing will be held from 5 to 8 pm
-- Funeral service is on Saturday, March 8, from 1 to 4 pm with the service
at 2:30 pm
All will be at the Helix View Chapel of the Featheringill Mortuary on Campo Road in Spring Valley.
For info: http://www.featheringillmortuary.com.
Also, a memorial celebration of Nicholas's life will be held on Saturday, May 3, at the San Diego Zoo. If you plan to attend, please let me know and I'll forward the list. The plan is that the family will purchase tickets for everyone and leave them at the zoo entrance. A specific time for a gathering hasn't yet been set, but most likely will be around lunch. I can get that info back to those of you who will be coming.
Finally, some people have asked about donations in Nicholas's memory. Nicholas's older daughter, Melanie Ann, is a lawyer and has established a tax-deductible foundation for those who wish to make donations. Checks can be made to Nicholas A. Branca Memorial Scholarship Foundation and mailed to Melanie Branca, 550 Front Street #210, San Diego, CA 92101.
That's what I know now. Please let me know if you'll be attending on May 3. No RSVP is needed for this weekend's service or viewing.

With love,
Marilyn
[Information about Nicholas: http://pdc.sdsu.edu/bios/nick.htm]]

Comments