To da & Shalom Israel!

It is 2:30am in Ben Gurion Int'l Airport

I had a grand day out with a colleague (Prof. Mark Saul of the Templeton Foundation). I invited him to join me at the Bahá'í Garden in Bahji, and then we spent the day in Akko. We returned to Haifa to gather our bags and then took the train to the airport... my plane leaves at 6:55am… oy vey!

This has been a truly amazing week. I learned so much! Great people from numerous countries sharing ideas and working together, while eating way too much great food! Having the opportunity to interact with and get to know Israeli colleagues was a true blessing. Being treated with real respect (indeed gratefulness) for being a Bahá'í was an eye opener for me. A couple of folks wanted me to show them the gardens, I am deeply grateful to the Garden folks for letting me in at odd hours with colleagues. I appreciate the flexibility and love they extended me on numerous occasions... they make me very proud.

Haifa in particular serves as a model for what can happen in a turbulent part of the world when four religions (Jews, Muslims, Christians, and Bahá'ís) live together in harmony, they have worked out a way to deal with problems in a non –violent, civilized manner.

Fotos here are of my final day in Israel.

To da (thanks / gracias / obrigado!) & Shalom Israel!
























































Comments