My mother's cousin sent me this...

I was tempted to respond to her like this:

Dear J:

But really, its not gunna happen... much ado about nothing... the insurance companies have 1/3 of the democrats, all republicans and media under their thought control and have done a great job of spreading fear and lies... you won't have to worry about a thing... nothing will change, the price of medicine will continue to skyrocket, and millions of people will not be able to afford health care and will continue to jam the emergency rooms...

When I lived in Brasil, I went to the pharmacy to get the daily water pills I take... the cost for two months was $R 2.80, about 1.80 US at the time... the co-payment here is 15 dollars for the very exact same medicine (same company same box!) It was, and continues to be the same... I buy a lot of things there because its cheaper than the co-payment here, and beside it feels good to sock it to the pharmaceutical companies! I also use some eye drops that here are not included in my Kaiser/health care plan... that cost $178, there they cost $R32 (about 12 dollars) again for the same... funny how the angry anti-health care folks can't see that the pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies are taking us all for a ride...

Milton's dad went thru chemo etc for cancer before he died... and it only cost us $R138/mo (for the private room)... same quality as my Dad had for his work...

one of the many reasons I am considering early retirement and moving to Brasil permanently is the cheaper, excellent, and universal health care...

the others are:

I am now taking over a $880/mo hit in my salary for the furloughs and things are not going to get better, next semester they will begin firing faculty that are non-tenured... it makes our programs shoddy at best, simply put the vision and quality of education in the state is beyond repair now, the people of the state are so self centered and selfish now that they don.t want to pay for their kids (or grand kids) education... we had a good university, our kids are super, near 1/2 the graduation class is the first person to graduate form a university. It is the machine that makes a middle class, of people that work, contribute and pay taxes... it seems the people of California no longer want that.

I can immigrate as my husband's spouse... Brasil recognizes our marriage,indeed are proud and happy to help us as a married couple to get a permanent visa; a right that we do not have in this country, as it has cost Milton over$ 26,000 dollars now to be legal here... the hatred and homophobia spewed at Milton & I and our friends during the Prop 8 was really disheartening...

I no longer feel safe in this country, the self centered wacko racist homophobic people have taken over, I worry for Obama's safety. The neo-nazi religious nut cases like the guy in Oklahoma who blew up the building, and the boys near Redding who killed the gay couple, and came down here to burn 3 synagogues, or the guys who killed Matthew Shepard , are empowered by all this hate and racism...


I love this country, but I no longer feel safe or wanted...

Comments