I am damn good at what I do for our kids, yet there is no $$ for me to teach them

Shame piled upon shame! 1000 times shame on the once Great State of California and the CSU Administration!





All I want to be able to do is teach, at very least, one Learning Skills class a semester, without being a burden on the department. This type of program, over 40 years ago at Oregon State University, I would not be here now. It gave me a leg up, it got me engaged and I learned what it was to be a college student.

The Department of Learning Skills are the most dedicated and wonderful people on the campus. They deserve to be supported, encouraged and funded. Nor should they be penalized for collaborating with faculty across campus.

I adore these kids, they are our future. All I ask is that I be allowed to pay if forward. It is wrong to cut this program, it is wrong to not facilitate and enable the best for our kids.

Shame!

Daniel Orey

Comments